Monday, June 11, 2012

Video Lust: Jennifer Lopez's 'I'm Glad'


While we're on the subject of Ms. Lopez and Flashdance, let's take a look at the visual feast of Jennifer Lopez's "I'm Glad".


The third single off her blank album, This is Me...Then, "I'm Glad" was definitely inspired [like most of the album] by then boyfriend Ben Affleck. In fact, it was reported he played the song while proposing to her.

The song talks about finding love after much trial and error, even using the lyrics "I think I'm in love. Damn, finally!". It is definitely one of my favorite songs off the album, and probably one of my favorite songs Ms. Lopez has ever given us. And when the video came out as a tribute to Jennifer Beals and the film Flashdance, I was sold.

The music video was directed by David LaChapelle [genius] and was nominated for four MTV VMA's in 2003. Lopez actually wore the red lace costume that Beals wore in the film, with slight modifications of course. The mirror image of each scene led to Lopez and her label being sued by Maureen Marder [whose life inspired the film] which was eventually dismissed in 2006.

Lust with your eyes below.



No comments:

Post a Comment