Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lust for Music: Christina Aguilera's 'Bionic'


Christina Aguilera's "Bionic" is probably one of the most underrated albums of the last few years. It gained a lot of criticism for it's electric feel in comparison to Lady Gaga. Not that I don't love the Gaga, but she is hardly the only artist with an electric feel in the industry.
Plus, the entire album doesn't have the electric feel, there are some amazing ballads on there. Some critics complain that the ballads don't fully express the vocal capabilities of Aguilera, but I enjoy her experimentation of different sounds.
AND she was collaborating with Nicki Minaj (turn your ears on to "Woohoo") before Britney Spears, David Guetta, and Madonna.
So cheers to Aguilera for one of her best albums, in my opinion. I look forward to the next one, which I hear may be soon!
Lust for These: "Not Myself Tonight", "Elastic Love", "I Am", "Birds of Prey"


No comments:

Post a Comment