Sunday, July 31, 2011

Marc by Marc Jacobs Latin Tees


Nothing says LA to me like hanging out at the local Marc Jacobs stores on Melrose, or the "Marc Corner" as it's affectionately known given that there are five seperate stores. You walk around, survey the goods, and listen to stories of "cracked out roommates" from fellow shoppers and employees. I've visited the stores in the West Village of New York but, something about the LA ones just feel like home.

My favorite latin phrases from Marc Jacobs first entered my life on bracelets that I had to wear and distribute to all of my friends. Then they showed up on silver rings. Now, they have made their apparel debut on cotton tees. My favorite of the phrases? It's a toss up between "Internos" [between us] and "Serva Me, Servabote" [save me and I will save you].

Pictured is "Da Tumamore, Ad Defendendum" [given in love, for protection]. Available only at Marc by Marc Jacobs stores. $35.

No comments:

Post a Comment