Friday, March 25, 2011

Music : Christina Aguilera's 'Stripped'


Is it cliche to say that an album 'changed my life'? I'm not sure what it was about Christina Aguilera's Stripped that I related to on so many levels. The songs are all passionate, raw, emotional, strong, with just enough sex appeal.

Stripped was released in 2002 following the debut of the first single Dirrty and a whole new dirty image for Aguilera. It seems pretty tame now, but the song and the video were quite the scandal given Aguilera's previous squeaky clean pop star image. She describeds the album as really baring who she was, and who she was was an entire different artist than what we were used to.

Aguilera worked alongside Dr. Dre, Alicia Keys, Scott Storch, and mainly Linda Perry on this, her fourth, studio album. It received four Grammy nominations, and took home one for Best Pop Female Vocal Performance for Beautiful. The album is ranked seventy seventh in the best selling album charts of the 2000's in the United States.

"Coming off of the height of being a part of such a big pop-craze phenomenon, that imagery of that cookie-cutter sweetheart, without it being me, I just had to take it all down and get it away from me. And that is why I actually named the album Stripped, because it is about being emotionally stripped down and pretty bare to open my soul and heart." - Christina Aguilera

Download these : Infatuation, Loving Me For Me, Fighter, Cruz, Makeover, Get Mine, Get Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment