Sunday, March 20, 2011

Gucci Thong with Horsebit


Ever since reading The House of Gucci by Sara Gay Forden, I've been borderline obsessed with anything Gucci does with the horsebit. Case in point: I've recently debated on a horsebit tattoo. Even though it's only myth that the Gucci family were saddlers to medieval courts, the equestrian history is like a jockey riding atop the fashion label. The double stitching used in saddlemaking, the green and red webbing from girth straps, and hardware shaped like stirrups and horsebits are all common design elements each season.

Which is why I've recently been debating on how I'm going to get my feet into these sandals from this summers collection. Brown leather, dark palladium hardware, and a leather sole. $395, but as Aldo Guccio once said, "quality is remembered long after price is forgotten".

No comments:

Post a Comment