Tuesday, March 22, 2011

l'Officiel Hommes


I talk about it enough, I thought I should tell you about it. l'Officiel Hommes is one of my favorite twenty-dollars-for-a-magazine-you-don't-really-need guilty pleasures. Big, glossy, high fashion, and in French, which means I can't actually read it. The cover pictured is actually the first issue that landed in my hands, and the first time I fell in love with frequent guest, and my first Model Lust subject, Andres Velencoso.

l'Officiel Hommes made history in 2005 as a magazine created for the first time by a stylist and not by a journalist. Marie-José Susskind-Jalou,of Editions Jalou Publications, asked one of the founders of the Colette boutique in Paris, Milan Vukmirovic, to make a bi-annual magazine dedicated one hundered percent to fashion. It sets out to adress the trends of each season and presents a luxurious showcase for men's fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment