Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Model Lust : Jon Kortajarena


Maybe I was sleeping on Jon Kortajarena, since he has been modeling for major fashion campaigns since 2004, but I never took notice of him until he played the street hustler Carlos in Tom Ford's A Single Man. Yes, another Spanish male model on the Model Lust list. I think I'm just a sucker for passion, which obviously exudes from his piercing stare, out of control hair, signature pout, and chiseled cheek bones.

A native of Bilboa, Spain, his mother is a hairdresser who still manages his signature locks [hey! just like me!]. He was discovered by a modeling agent when he attended a fashion show with a friend on vacation in Barcelona. He was only a minor at the time, and had to convince his parents to let him venture off to Paris to begin his now successful career. He has worked with numerous campaigns and designers including Versace, Etro, Diesel, Guess, and Tom Ford, to name a few. In 2009, Forbes magazine ranked him number eight in the World's Ten Most Successful Male Models.

Most recently, you can catch him in ads for David Yurman, and occasionally you can catch him in spreads with Andres Velencoso, a close personal friend, and my first Model Lust subject.

"For me, it's more about seduction than just a pretty face." - Jon Kortajarena [and I couldn't agree more]

No comments:

Post a Comment