Monday, August 15, 2011

Performance Lust : Madonna's 'Like A Virgin' for MTV


The Lust List is going through the wilderness to celebrate Lust Icon Madonna's birthday! I've been touched many times by the Queen of Pop, starting with the performance that put her on the map.

Madonna performed "Like A Virgin', the first single from her second album, at the 1984 MTV Music Video Awards. She began atop a giant wedding cake dressed in a wedding dress with her now infamous "Boy Toy" belt buckle adorned in pearls and a tulle veil. It wasn't long before she had her fill of cake, and was rolling around and humping the stage. Which at the time was pretty controversial [one of the many reasons I love her].

To this day, the performance is noted as one of the most iconic and biggest performances in MTV's history. Madonna has commented that she was actually terrified of the whole experience. She recalled, "I remember my manager Freddy shouting to me, 'Oh my God! What were you doing? You were wearing a wedding dress. Oh my God! You were rolling around on the floor!' It was the bravest, most blatant sexual thing I had ever done on television."

Lust with your eyes below and walk down the aisle with LuStylist to get the virginal look.

No comments:

Post a Comment