Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pure Lust : Ryan Gosling


There were a couple of faints and some heavy breathing from both myself and a fellow luster while watching "Crazy, Stupid, Love". Why? Ryan Gosling.

I've never been a fan of "the Notebook", but, that was the old Gosling. The new Gosling is ripped, suave, and hilarious in his newest film. He plays a smooth-talking ladies man who helps a recently seperated Steve Carell find his long lost bachelor self.

Gosling began his career at the young age of 12 starring as a "Mouseketeer" in Disney's "Mickey Mouse Club". Yep, right alongside Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and Justin Timberlake. He did some modest projects after that [remember "Goosebumps"?] until landing his first serious role in 2001's controversial drama "the Believer". Seriousness payed off and earned the actor the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival. He described it as "the film that kind of gift-wrapped for me the career that I have now. I suddenly found myself at Sundance, where people were asking me about my craft. So I had to pretend I had one."

A few more films followed and then "the Notebook" hit theaters making both Gosling and his co-star Rachel McAdams household names. The film has become a romantic cult classic and the chemistry on screen followed off screen. He and McAdams became an on again, off again couple for years to follow.

Now, Gosling is single and living in New York with his dog George. Films following "the Notebook", have brought him nominations for an Academy Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award, a Broadcast Film Critics Association Award, and a Golden Globes Award. He has two wins for "Half Nelson" [Best Actor at the Spirits Award] and "Lars and the Real Girl" [a Satellite Award]. He is currently working on several projects and I can't wait to see him alongside Bradley Cooper in the bank heist film "the Place Beyond the Pines". Not bad for a high school dropout.

The LuStylist has done two features for Golsing. I noticed his workout as a popular search on Google, so decided to style my fellow lusters as either "Gym Gosling" or "Gucci Gosling" from "Crazy, Stupid, Love". Take your pick! 


No comments:

Post a Comment